Radeditor not updating content

Posted by / 01-Feb-2020 12:39

With the classic Red Dot text editor and the FCKEditor integrated with v7, special characters could be cleaned up with the HTML conversion table.

For example, an em-dash would get pasted in a “—” and we updated our on publish.

The following version: 7.1 is the most frequently downloaded one by the program users.

var microsoft = microsoft

Here are the problems we have encountered, and the workarounds.

In Smart Tree, under Administer Project Settings » Project » General Settings, the Action Menu has an option to doesn’t say anything about disabling spellcheck in one text editor (Telerik) but not the other (Red Dot classic).

Open Text support is aware of the issue (they came up with the work-around) and with any luck this will be fixed in a future release. We also ran into problems with special characters in content pasted from Microsoft Word.

As you might have known already from my previous post, in one of my projects we use Telerik Controls extensively for showing various GUI controls. Lot of people have asked me, why I hate them, hence for the benefit of the community, I have decided to document the reasons of my hatred for Telerik controls.

Telerik has provided a lot of controls that could be used in variety of situations.

radeditor not updating content-88radeditor not updating content-20radeditor not updating content-17

Open Text Web Solutions Management Server has a killer feature: a new text editor based on Telerik Rad Editor. This was a real stumper, and it took Open Text support a while to come up with a solution, but they came through.

One thought on “radeditor not updating content”